Rental Agreement Terms and Condition
‘I’, ‘me’ and ‘my’ refers jointly and severally to the person or persons who are the customers.’ This Agreement’ means the Rental Agreement, the Insurance Motor Rental Agreement and these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any discrepancy between these Terms and Conditions and any other Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd literature, the provisions of these Terms and Conditions apply.
‘Customer’ means the person or persons nominated as the hirer on the Rental Agreement and any person whose credit/debit card is presented in payment of the customer’s charges.
‘Living Equipment’ includes but is not limited to: Camping furniture, TV/DVD player, CD player, crockery, cutlery and cooking utensils.’
‘Rental Period’ means the hire period referred to on the Rental Agreement or any agreed variation thereof and any additional period during which the vehicle is in the customer’s possession or control.
‘Vehicle’ means the vehicle as described on the Rental Agreement and includes tyres, tools, accessories, the living equipment and any other special equipment, documents related to the Vehicle and any replacement or substitute Vehicle which may be provided at the discretion of Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd.
2. Eligibility & Licences
I acknowledge that:
1. Drivers must be between 30 to 75 years of age, of good health and have held a full valid driving licence for more than 2 years.
2. Production of a valid standard driver’s licence is required from all drivers at the start of the hire, issued by UK in addition to, subject to insurance approval, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand or EU.
3. Drivers are personally liable for all legal penalties (e.g.: parking tickets) which are incurred during the period of hire.
4. Details of additional drivers are required as above.
5. There is a maximum of 2 drivers per rental.
6. All Drivers must provide 3 separate forms of identification. A photo driving licence and 2 utility bills. If the licence has no photo, then a passport is required. All non-UK licence holders must supply their passport on collection of the vehicle.
7. All UK license’s will be checked via DVLA for endorsements. A code will need to be generated form the DVLA site to allow us to check.
Please note: If you have any serious convictions within the last 11 years, 6 or more penalty points, or any concerns regarding points on your licence, please contact us before hire.
1. I agree to pay Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd:
1. All rental charges.
2. The security deposit of £1250
3. The nominated cleaning fee of £100 if the Vehicle is not returned with the interior in a clean condition.
4. The nominated additional fee of £100 if the toilet cassette is not emptied or cassette housing area not cleaned prior to the return of the Vehicle.
5. The nominated additional charge of £500 of any evidence of smoking or vaping in and around our motorhome.
6. The cost to refill the fuel tank is equivalent to local forecourt prices, plus a 20% administration charge for the inconvenience placed on Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd to refuel the vehicle.
7. The nominated cancellation fee in the event of cancellation of this agreement prior to the collection of the Vehicle.
8. Any amounts due in respect to damage to the Vehicle or to property of a third party.
9. All other additional charges as they are incurred, including but not limited to, government fees and duties, parking and traffic infringement penalties, road toll fines, London congestion charges, and associated administration costs.
10. Any other fees or charges payable by me pursuant to this Agreement. This includes any costs incurred by Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd because of any breach by me of the terms of this Agreement.
11. The nightly rental rate for the period the Vehicle is off-fleet for accident repairs (demurrage).
12. Failure to return the motorhome on time will incur a charge currently based on £75 per hour and a minimum charge of 1 hour (£75)
13. The cost to recover a Vehicle which has become bogged.
4. I acknowledge that:
1. Booking Deposit – A reservation is only binding after it has been confirmed by Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd and a booking deposit of £250 has been received. Once the reservation is confirmed, an invoice will be issued by email with the date displaying the due date for the remaining balance.
2. Remaining Balance – Settlement of the remaining balance will be due six weeks prior to departure and this will be taken from the deposit card held on file when you made your initial booking online. For late bookings (less than six weeks before departure) the full rental price is payable on booking. Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd reserves the right to cancel the booking if payment is not received six weeks prior to departure.
3. Security Deposit – There is a refundable £1,250 Security Deposit payable by BACS and credit or debit card only. This is fully refundable within 7 working days of the return of the vehicle to the agreed location, on the agreed date and time, in the same condition as it was let out to me. I irrevocably authorise Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd to deduct from the Security Deposit any amounts due by me should the conditions set out herein not be met.
4. Cancellation charges
-More than 6 weeks before: booking deposit will be retained.
-6 weeks – 2 weeks: 50% of total hire charge will be retained.
-2 weeks – No Show: 100% of total hire charge will be retained and vehicle will be made available for rehire.
1. Payment is by credit or debit card. Vehicles will not be released without full payment being completed.
2. Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd is irrevocably authorised to complete any documentation and to take any other action to recover from my credit card issuer all amounts due by me pursuant to this Agreement.
3. I will not dispute my liability to Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd for any amount due under this agreement and I shall indemnify and keep indemnified Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd against any loss incurred (including legal costs) by reason of notifying my credit card issuer of such dispute.
4. I acknowledge that all transactions under this agreement are conducted in Pounds Sterling. Where applicable and due to exchange rate fluctuations, there could be some variance between the amount initially debited against my debit/ credit card and the amount refunded after the expiration of the rental period. I release Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd from any liability for such variation.
5. All charges and expenses payable by me under this Agreement are due on demand by Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd. If I do not pay all charges when due, I agree to pay a late charge of 1.5% per month on the outstanding balance and any collection costs incurred by Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd, including reasonable legal fees.
6. When the Customer comprises of more than one person, each person is liable jointly and severally for all obligations of the customer pursuant to this Agreement.
7. Total charges as set out on the Rental Agreement are not final. I will pay any shortfall in charges to Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd and I will receive a refund for any overcharge acknowledged by Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd.
6. Collection and Return
Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd Motorhome depot is located at Craig Court, Coopies Field, Coopies Lane Industrial Estate, Morpeth, Northumberland NE61 6JT. The normal office opening hours are Monday to Friday 08:30-17:30, Saturday 08:30-16:00
Vehicle collections are normally from 14:00 and returns are between 09:00 and 11:00am unless otherwise agreed in writing with Hadrian Motorhome Hire
1. I agree to:
1. Set aside 1 hour for the hand-over at Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd to allow the staff to complete the documentation and demonstrate the vehicle to me.
2. Return the Vehicle on the date and time stated, on the rental agreement. Unless otherwise agreed this time is between 09:00-11:00. If I am late returning, I understand that Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd must be advised immediately. Failure to advise Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd may result in prosecution for driving whilst uninsured.
2. I acknowledge that:
1. Having received the Vehicle in a clean condition, in sound working order, in accordance with the Condition Report detailed within the rental agreement and with a documented level of fuel and the toilet empty I will return the vehicle in the same condition, otherwise a charge will be made.
2. Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd will not refund to me any monies, nor have any obligation to provide a replacement vehicle, if the Vehicle is returned or I cease to have the use of the vehicle prior to the return date for any reason e.g. accident, weather or theft.
7. Use of the Vehicle
1. I acknowledge that:
1. Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd reserves the right at any time, at its sole discretion, to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions or any other reasonable cause.
2. Each person is to use the safety restraints provided always whilst the vehicle is in motion.
3. I will not allow any animals to be carried in the Vehicle, unless otherwise agreed with Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd. I will also not allow any pets on the soft furnishings as this will result in a further cleaning charge.
4. I agree that during the rental period, I shall not make any alterations or additions to the Vehicle without the prior written consent of Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd
5. The vehicle may only be used within mainland Great Britain and the Scottish Islands.
2. I will not allow the Vehicle to be:
1. Used for any illegal purpose, for any rally, race or contest.
2. Used or operated within an “Airside” location.
3. Used to tow any vehicle or trailer.
4. Used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward.
5. Used to carry more than 4 persons.
6. Used to carry volatile liquids, gases (other than Gas Bottles already fitted) explosives or other corrosive or inflammable material.
7. Otherwise used in breach of my obligations under this Agreement.
8. Driven otherwise than in a cautious, prudent and normal manner.
9. Used in a manner which could cause damage.
10. Driven in a prohibited area or in an area other than the areas indicated by me to Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd.
11. Driven on roads that are not sealed / bitumen roads.
12. Driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level more than that permitted by law.
13. Left with the ignition key in the vehicle while it is unoccupied.
14. Left unoccupied without closing the blinds/curtains for added security.
15. Driven by persons under the age of 30 years; or who are not authorised by law or declared to Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd to drive the vehicle.
16. Damaged by submersion in water or contact with salt water.
1. I shall take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the Vehicle, including oil checks, water, batteries and the addition of AdBlue exhaust fluid.
2. I acknowledge that Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd will reimburse me for expenditure up to £40.00 reasonably incurred in rectifying any mechanical failure to the drive train and engine of the Vehicle (not including the water system, refrigerator, heating, audio and TV/DVD equipment) if: I produce relevant receipts, I have received the prior consent of Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd. The damage is not due to my fault or my breach of this Agreement.
3. Subject to the terms of this agreement, I will pay for the cost of repairing or replacing tyres damaged during the Rental Period provided that Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd will reimburse me for expenditure reasonably incurred if I produce relevant receipts, the tyre is defective and is returned by me to Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd for inspection. The manufacturer accepts liability under his warranty.
4. I will be liable for any costs associated with the incorrect use of fuel. All Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd motorhomes run on DIESEL.
9. Responsibility if an accident occurs:
1. In the event of an accident, loss or damage arising out of the use of the vehicle, I will:
1. Notify Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd within 24hrs of the event.
2. Obtain the names and addresses of third parties and any witnesses and report the event to the nearest police station.
3. Complete an accident report form which will be provided.
4. Not make any admission of liability to other parties, settlement offer or another like offer.
5. Assist Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd in handling any claim arising from any event, including providing all relevant information and attending Court to give evidence.
2. I acknowledge that the excess or other amount due by me in respect of any damage arising from an accident, loss or damage is payable at the time of reporting the event and not at the completion of the rental period.
3. I will pay for any costs relating to the delivery of a change over vehicle (if available) because of an accident regardless of which party is at fault.
10. Insurance Cover.
1. I am aware that:
1. The Vehicle is insured for damage to the Vehicle and the property of a third party.
2. I will have to pay an excess for any damage.
3. The insurance excess is £1250.00. The excess may be reduced by taking out a Damage Limitation Waiver (DLW).
4. DLW reduces the insurance excess from £1250 to £500 (UK) for a fee of £10 per day. (A minimum charge of £50 and a maximum charge is £140 applies).
5. Neither DLW nor basic rental insurance will cover any damage sustained to furniture, fixtures and fittings, as well as external fittings (awning, solar panels, tyres, bike racks) and windscreens as this is deemed as negligent.
6. All vehicles are tracked for insurance purposes as well as driver behaviour and vehicle diagnostics.
7. I will automatically void any insurance cover and I will be responsible for the total cost of any damage if I breach any of the terms of this Agreement.
1. I am aware that I am responsible for any damage howsoever caused to the external fittings and any damage howsoever caused to the inside of the motorhome. I am also responsible for the rectification of frozen pipe work. I am also responsible for the damage to, or loss of, any item of the inventory listed within the rental agreement.
12. Change of Vehicle.
1. Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to substitute a comparable or superior Vehicle for the Vehicle. In that event, I shall not be liable for any increased rental or other charges save for any addition running costs pertaining to the substitute vehicle. Such substitution shall not entitle me to any refund and does not constitute a breach of this Agreement.
2. If my chosen vehicle is not available due to late delivery, accidental or mechanical damage, every effort will be made to provide a replacement vehicle to a similar specification of that which was booked. If no replacement can be provided, Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd will cancel the agreement and provide me with a full refund. I release Hadrian Motorhome Hire from any further liability should this scenario occur.
13. Terminating the Agreement.
1. I acknowledge that Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd may terminate this Agreement and repossess the Vehicle at any time, without notification to me, and that I will pay the reasonable costs of repossessing the Vehicle, including towing charges if:
1. I am in breach of any term of this Agreement.
2. I have obtained the Vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation.
3. The Vehicle appears to be abandoned.
4. The Vehicle is not returned on the agreed return date or Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd reasonably believes that the Vehicle will not be returned on the agreed return date.
5. Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd considers on reasonable grounds, that the safety of passengers or the condition of the Vehicle is endangered. I understand that in the event of such termination or repossession, I have no right to a refund of any part of the rental charges or the Security Deposit.
14. Release and Indemnity of Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd.
1. Subject to its obligation to deliver the Vehicle or an appropriate substitute vehicle, I release Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd, its employees and agents, from any liability to me (regardless of who is at fault) for any loss or damage incurred by me by reason of this Agreement, including but not limited to:
1. Any loss or damage caused by breakdown, mechanical defect, accident or the vehicle being unsuitable for my purpose.
2. Any loss or damage to any property left in or on the Vehicle, in any service vehicle or on any Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd premises or recovered or handled by Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd.
3. Subject to any insurance arrangements agreed with Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd, I hereby indemnify and shall keep indemnified Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd, its employees and agents against any claims, demands and expenses (including legal costs) incurred or sustained by them or any of them by reason of my use and/or possession of the Vehicle.
2. I will also indemnify Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd, it’s employees and agents, against any claims or proceedings in respect of personal injury or death of any person, which arises out of the use of the Vehicle during the hire period.
15. Title to Vehicle
1. I acknowledge that Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd retains title to the Vehicle and that I possess the goods as a mere Bailee only. I do not have any right to pledge Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd.’s credit in connection with the Vehicle and agree not to do so. I shall not agree, attempt, offer or purport to sell, assign, sublet, lend, pledge, mortgage, let on hire, or otherwise part with or attempt to part with the personal possession of or otherwise deal with the Vehicle.
1. Any changes to this agreement must be in writing and must be signed on behalf of Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd and by me.
17. Proper Law
1. This agreement shall be subject to English Law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
2. This agreement shall be governed by the Law of England in which this agreement was signed.
18. Entire Agreement
1. This agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other oral undertakings, warranties or agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter of this agreement. Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd reserves the right to add of amend any rental charges without prior notice.
19. My Warranties
1. I warrant that all information supplied by me to Hadrian Motorhome Hire Ltd in connection with this agreement is true.
1. Should you wish to complain about any adverse aspect of your experience with Hadrian Motorhome hire please let us know in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org